Unit 8 Our Clothes Topic 1 Section C
2. 继续学习运用so… that…, such… that…和so that…结构
2. 继续学习运用so… that…，such… that…和so that…结构。
1. Greet students and make them ready for learning.
2. The teacher asks students to report their homework. Let students give their suggestions for dressing to one of his or her friends, using so… that…，such… that…and so that…. Let students grasp the usages of the structures.
3. The teacher lets students work in groups. Let them look at the pictures of 1a and discuss if their clothes are suitable.
4. The teacher asks students from different groups to report their result of discussing. Encourage them to speak out their own opinions and reasons. Allow them to express in Chinese if necessary.
5. The teacher sums up the reports and gives his or her suggestions. Then show some pictures of the actors, singers or sports stars who the students like very much. (Teacher should choose the stars who dress the suitable clothes.) Let students discuss their clothes.
6. The teacher asks the students to design the clothes for the people who appear in the picture of 1a to make them look good as stars.
1. The teacher lets students read the letter from the beginning to They should not wear bright or light colors and answer the question: Why should fat customers wear dark color clothes and simple styles?
2. Teacher asks two students to tell their answers. Then let them guess the meanings of the new words congratulation, own, succeed,customers, simple and styles.Then the teacher teaches the new words.
3. The teacher lets students go on reading the letter they will appear strong and full. and answer the question: What style of clothes should short peoplewear? Which kind of people should wear warm color?
4. The teacher asks two studentsto tell their answers. Let them know about the meanings of the new words contrast, fancy and design.
5. The teacher lets students read the rest part of the letter and answer the question: what kind of clothes will make customers with broad waists look slimmer?
6. The teacher asks two studentsto tell their answers. Teachthe new words broad, waist, cold-colored, slim and business.
1. The teacher plays therecording for the students. Let them listen to the passage and read after it.
2. The teacher lets the students read the passage again and then asks them to complete the table of 1b.
3. The teacher lets two students write down the answers on the blackboard.
4.The teacher lets students discuss in groups to understand the passage. Let them collect the sentences they can’t understand within their own groups and show them to the whole class. The students from other groups may give them a hand if they can.
5. The teacher makes a summary to explain the key points and difficult points to the students:
(1) succeed v.
success n. → successful
adj. →successfully adv.
(2) It’s + adj.(+ for sb. )+ to
(3) look good on sb.
look good in +颜色（+衣服）
1. The teacher asks students toread the words and sentences of 2 first. And then let them work in groups and talk about what Li Ming’s family should wear to the party, using the advice in 1a. The teacher encourages them to add more their own advice.
2. The teacher asks students from different groups to report their suggestions. Teacher evaluates and sums up their reports.
3. The teacher asks the students to look at the pictures of 3 and read the adjectives in thebox. Let them make sentences to describe Kangkang, Michael, Maria and Jane’s clothes to have oral drills.
4. The teacher lets them make conversations in pairs to talk about Kangkang, Michael, Maria and Jane’s clothes, using the structure so… that…and such... that…Ask two students to write down the brief conversations on the blackboard.
5. The teacher lets the students check the brief conversations written on the blackboard, grasping the usage of so… that…and such... that….
6. The teacher asks the studentsto act out the brief conversations made by themselves.
7. The teacher evaluates andsums up their work.
1. The teacher asks the studentsto survey their group members about what they like to wear and give them some suggestions on dressing. Offer the similar table as Part 4. The teacher may addsome items if necessary.
2. The teacher asks students towrite a short passage about the information.
Let one students writedown his or her passage on the blackboard.
3. The teacher guides students torevise the passage. Tell them that they should express their ideas clearly, spell rightly and use the punctuation correctly. Then teacher asksstudents to revise the passage written on the blackboard.
4. The teacher asks students to revise their work within their groups.
5. The teacher lets the representativesof each group report their result of revising.The teacher evaluates their work.
6. The teacher shows the summary of this section to the students.
7. The teacher assigns homework:
(1) Review the summary after class.
(2) Survey one of your friends about dressing. Finish the report.
(3) Prepare some picturesabout different dressing.
The students like to help others to design clothes very much, so they do quite well in the activities in this section. Teacher may let them hold a simple fashion show in the class if possible. They will have a deep understanding about the contents of this topic.